03/11 2010
I don’t know if the Americans think that we don’t understand English, but it seemed like that at campus today. I wore some leisure pants and a Hummel shirt like I often do. When I passed a chair with to American boys I heard one of them saying: “I think she plays soccer.” It was a kind of funny ..and weird!
Janne, Signe, Gorm and I went to the mall after school. After about an hour Gorm went home and Signe, Janne and I went to the food court. While we were eating two boys stared at us, it was a little strange. After a couple of minutes a girl came over and said something very unintelligible, but we heard something like “My brother says you look like a hot whopper” .. or maybe she said “ .. a hot rubber”. No matter what it was very funny and I am just wondering – is all Americans so strange?

Hmmmm not sure how to answer that.
SvarSletOther than to ask, Are all Danes strange? :-)
Actually I know exactly what you mean about being stared at...happens to me in Herning ALLLLL the time...especially if Mads and I speak English in public!
Hopefully the stares you are getting are because you are this cool, exotic foreigner!