søndag den 17. oktober 2010

Church


17/10 2010
This morning I talked to my parents. It was nice to talk to them, but I realized that I want a fall-break too.
Anyway, I know I shall not complain.

Today Caroline and I went to church. It is a small church, which is located not far from our homes. During the church service we found out that a Lutheran church over here is not very different from a Lutheran church at home. Yet became I very surprised, when we came to the communion. The communion was only for the members of the church, which I found very mystic. The church says it is open to everyone, but still the communion is only for the members – isn’t that a little conflicting?

After the service there was Tex Mex lunch for the churchgoers. We decided to go, while we saw the lunch as a good possibility to talk to some American people. While we were eating we realized, that they had their own church community. They had their own school, and it seemed like every one knew each other.

We ate a lot of Mexican food – and there was desert too. It was very good, and Caroline and I have decided that we will go their another Sunday too – and then we will bring a special Danish dessert.

1 kommentar:

  1. Glad you girls are having such an open mind about Church...
    and sadly, the "closed communion" thing is very common in the US. I don't personally understand it, but try to respect it when I am visiting a church with someone.
    However, I LOVE that you got to try some TEX MEX!!! :-) Was it good?? I hope it was AUTHENTIC! LOL

    And bringing a Danish dessert is an AWESOME idea!

    SvarSlet