02/10 2010
I woke up in the morning at 7 o’clock, my internal clock knew seemingly that it was afternoon at home. I chose yoghurt for breakfast, just because I knew it. During breakfast I had a serious talk with Lillian and I found out that people is also getting divorced in the US. Two marriages, two adopted sons, a lot of grandchildren and some great-grandchildren are what she has . Furthermore she has a new boyfriend and a lot of friends. I think that even though she is retired she has a lot of stuff to do – just like all retired persons.
After breakfast I took a walk in the neighborhood and luckily I did not get lost. After experiencing that all streets look like each other I asked Lillian if we should have something to eat. She made me a sandwich with more turkey than bread, but it tasted fine.
I the afternoon Sara, who lives only one house away from me, and I went to the mall. It was infinitely great and after three hours shopping we had seen a fraction of the shopping area. But we got what we needed and much more than that.
Home at 67th Avenue Lillian and I went to a “Ultimative Garage Sale”. It did not surprise me, but American garage sales are exactly like Danish garage sales.
A day with serious talks, good meals, a walk, shopping and a garage sale has ended. Wondering what tomorrow will bring I’ll stop writing, but more reports will come later.
What a wonderful first day!
SvarSletIt sounds like you are already getting settled in and getting to know the area!
You and Sara are so fortunate to be so close to each other; you will be able to experience so many things together!
Enjoy every moment and keep those blogs coming! I am ready to read!!