torsdag den 14. oktober 2010

“Old Fashioned Quaker Oats” and cheap stamps


14/10 2010
I begin to miss Denmark a little: My family, my friends, the countryside, the school system, and especially the Danish food (my mum’s food particularly). There for I became very pleased when I found a box with “Old Fashioned Quaker Oats” in a big food mart today. I bought it and now I look forward to my breakfast tomorrow. I hope that I can find some sugar in the kitchen, but I haven’t found it yet.

Anyway, I was on the post office today to buy some stamps to Denmark. They cost 98 cent over here. It’s about 5,5 DKK which is the same as it cost to send a letter from Vildbjerg to Herning at home!!!
You can say that it is cheap over here, but I will rather say that it is extremely expensive at home.     
    

1 kommentar:

  1. Hope the oatmeal was a SUCCESS! :-) Try it with some "brown sugar" sprinkled on it!! YUM!

    And you are right..it's not that USA is that cheap.
    It really is that DK is SO DARNED expensive!

    SvarSlet